Making Your First Steps
- Stand with your feet together (if necessary holding on to barrier, or a friend, with your right hand). Hold your arms out to the side at about waist level.
- Turn your feet to form a letter L, with the right foot pointing forwards.
- Bend both knees and slide the right foot forwards.
- Lift your left foot and place it down next to the right.
- Form the feet into another letter L, with the left foot leading, and repeat.
- Stand in a letter L position with your right foot leading (as before, your arms should be held firmly to the side with your hands about waist height).
- Bend both knees and slide the right foot forwards, stretching your left foot and leg back at the end of the push.
- Hold this position for about two counts (if possible), and then repeat on the other side.